Saturday, June 26, 2010

Red-Tailed Hawk

I was driving into Bauman Park in Cherry Valley, when I saw a a hawk land in the middle of a soccer field. I quickly parked, hoping that it would still be there to get close enough for a photo op. Not only did he stay put, but he let me approach as close as 20 feet.  I actually completely circled him while I took photos from all sides. But as you can see in the photo below (5/1/10), he kept his eye on me.


On 5/22/10, hiking in Kishwaukee Springs Forest reserve, I kept my eye on a Red-Tailed Hawk circling overhead. It never did get close enough for a great picture, but I liked how the sun back lit his feathers to make his red tail glow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a beauty...I love that wing span you captured - really a different perspective!

Anonymous said...

Great shots!!