Monday, June 7, 2010

Indigo Buntings

Indigo Buntings are one of my favorite birds - the males' very striking blue stands out in a forest setting. I found a nice area in Blackhawk Springs Forest Preserve where I often spot them; however, I have yet to get a sharp photograph of the male (when I do, I'll be sure to post it). The top pic of the male was taken on 5/15/10. The bottom pic of the female was taken on 5/3/09., both in the Blackhawk Springs Forest Preserve.
A male Indigo Bunting; Blackhawk Springs Forest Preserve, IL; 5/15/10.
A female Indigo Bunting; Blackhawk Springs Forest Preserve, IL; 5/3/09.

2 comments:

Chesney said...

Wow, that male is stunning, another bird I have never seen...I can see I am going to really enjoy your blog!

Anonymous said...

Such lovely guys. The shot of the female is so sharp, nice.