Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tree Swallow feeding its fledgling, Horicon Marsh NWR

Even though the series of photos below are not the sharpest, I thought  it was fun to see a Fledgdling Tree Swallow being fed in mid flight by its mother.

"Feed me! Feed me!"  This young Tree Swallow was squawking up a storm, Horicon Marsh National Wildlife Refuge, WI; 6/16/2012.
While hiking through the many trails at Horicon Marsh National Wildlife Refuge I was trying to photograph Tree Swallows flying through the air, but was unable to get any decent shots. But I did notice the young Tree Swallow (Above) sitting on a branch and not doing much flying. As I aimed my camera at it, it suddenly started squawking, and before I knew it another Tree Swallow swooped in with a bug in its bill and fed the Juvenile while in flight (Below)...

An Adult Tree Swallow feeding its young in mid flight, Horicon Marsh NWR, WI; 6/16/2012.
"Feed me! Don't fly away! Don't ignore me!"
The Juvenile Tree Swallow kept squawking even after its parent had fed it and was leaing.
Even after the adult Swalllow fed its young, the youngster kept complaining, until it realized it had some food, then suddenly it looked very content (Below)...
"Oh, I have some food...thanks, Mom"
"Don't mention it. Please."

1 comment:

~Val said...

These are amazing.